The roof is your home’s first line of defense and helps keep your family and possessions safe. It’s best to prioritize an economical and attractive solution when searching for the best material for your low-slope roof.
GAF Liberty roll roofing system offers the best of both worlds and is easy to install. In this article we’ll explain how GAF Liberty Roll Roofing provides exceptional protection to your home while complementing its design.
The Benefits of GAF Liberty Roll Roofing
GAF Liberty roll roofing provides long-lasting results on various low-slope areas of your home. Some benefits of installing this material on your low-slope roof include the following:
GAF’s Liberty roll roofing self-adhering and convenient installation eliminate open flames and messy solvent-based adhesives from your roof. You’ll prolong your roof’s life and aesthetics by avoiding the weight of unwieldy roofing equipment and dangerous chemicals.
The installation process is safe and easy and requires a small roofing crew. The simple installation process means less clutter on your driveway and quick cleanup.
The GAF Liberty roll roofing materials are coated in polymer-modified asphalt and reinforced with a fiberglass mat. Combining these products produces lasting results on low-slope roofs.
GAF’s proven technology provides the best roof protection, and their 15-year manufacturer’s warranty gives you peace of mind.
The GAF Liberty roll roofing is the preferred material because of its versatility. It can be used as either a ply sheet in modified bitumen roofing systems or as a base sheet for self-adhering GAF systems.
The material is also ideal for various low-sloped roofs such as garages, porches, carports, and sheds.
Installing GAF Liberty Roll Roofing
It’s best to prioritize safety for a successful GAF Liberty installation process. Always wear protective gear and mind your surroundings. The following steps outline the proper self-adhering installation process:
- Repair or replace the existing deck. A correctly prepared deck will help prevent roof leaks.
- Prime the roof deck by duct-taping all plywood joints. Apply Liberty primer and allow it to dry.
- Edge flashing installation. Install it at the eave and edges and fasten it with roofing nails. Prime all metal edges and allow it to dry.
- Liberty cap sheet installation. Cut the cap sheet to a manageable length and align it with the lowest roof edge. Remove the release film, apply pressure to ensure adhesion, and seal all edges with flashing cement.
- Clean up. Remove all tools from the roof and dispose of waste according to state and federal laws. Inspect the roof for any necessary repairs.
Ensure proper priming to prevent the cap sheet from peeling away. Always remember to prime the metal sheet before installing the cap sheet.
The Best Low-Slope Roofing System For Your Home
GAF Liberty roll roofing is more flexible than other low-slope membrane options. It is easy to install and requires no flame to adhere to the substrate, making it safer for the environment.
Solar Optimum installs GAF Liberty roll roofing easily and quickly without the hassles of bulky equipment or unpleasant adhesive odors. When you choose us, you’ll get the best roofing services at affordable prices. Call (800) 552-9970 or get in touch with one of our roofing experts today!